How do I begin?
- Contact me with the contact form and explain to me your level and objectives/goals.
- Sign up / create an account here.
- Your free trial lesson will be credited to your account automatically.
- Book your lesson in your teacher's schedule.
It´s that easy!
Important: A trial class request won´t be accepted if I haven’t received any
previous message indicating your level and objectives or goals. It is mandatory to explain your
motivation to start the course, to select the right teacher for you!
Getting ready for your German lesson is easy peasy.
Just download the free software from Skype.com, create a free Skype account and you will be ready to go in minutes! If your computer does not already have a built-in microphone (and/or camera), you may need to purchase a microphone (and/or camera + headset).
You can even use Skype from your smartphone or tablet!
If you prefer other VoIP programs like Zoom, just let me know!
The lessons take place on Skype except, if we agree otherwise.
What is Skype?
Skype is the most popular voice and video communication service in the world and is one of the pioneers in voice communication over the Internet. You can make unlimited free videocalls to anyone in the world provided that person is using Skype too.
How do I pay for the lessons?
Log in to your Confident German account and choose a lesson package from the drop down menu (billing).
After this you can pay via PayPal or Credit Card or request an invoice.
Can I cancel or postpone a lesson?
Sure! Lessons booked can be postponed or cancelled at no cost at least 24 hours in advance.
Lessons cancelled or rescheduled less than 24 hours in advance will be charged!
If there are problems or technical issues on the teacher's side, the lesson or lost time will be made up for.
What happens if I’m late or don’t show up for class?
The lesson will be considered void if the student does not appear by 15 minutes after the scheduled start time. That specific class is subsequently not reschedulable.
Do course packages expire?
Yes, but there is plenty of time to use your lessons and in order to ensure a positive outcome and a good learning experience it is important to be consistent and practice in continuous blocks.
Expiry times (after the commencement of the first class):
- 10 lesson packages expire after 10 weeks
- 20 lesson packages expire after 20 weeks
- 30 lesson packages expires after 30 weeks
A minimum of on average one lesson per week is advised. However I do understand we all have private lives and unexpected situations sometimes occur, so in these cases an extension of the expiration date can be discussed on a case by case basis.
If you took a longer break and your lesson package expired, it's also possible to reactivate it by purchasing the "Back to German" reactivation package.
What happens if there are problems with the sound?
If any problems occur with the sound due to a intermittent Internet connection, weak WiFi signal, faulty computer equipment, or Skype program issues, the interrupted lesson can be rescheduled (generally a determination is made within the first 15 minutes whether to continue or re-schedule if necessary).
When it is an isolated problem the lesson or time lost will be made up without any additional cost thus you will never miss out on a lesson due to technical problems!
Some recommendations to optimize audio and video quality:
- Make sure Skype is kept updated. Find the latest version of Skype here.
- Wear headphones/headset. If you hear echoes in the audio it can be because the other party’s speakers are too loud and generating feedback. Wear headphones and the echoes should subside instantly!
- Adjust the light. Ample front lighting can mean the difference between talking to a real person and talking to a grainy ghostly silhouette.
- Minimize ambient noise. Try to create a quiet, classroom-like environment while you are having a lesson.
- Close other programs during the lesson. Overloading your Internet capacity with open programs could worsen audio and video quality.
- Use Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi. Ethernet will give you a much smoother, more consistent experience.
- Ensure other users of the same Internet connection are not uploading or downloading movies, music, or large files in the background.
- Disable backup software temporarily while on the call.